Starting conversations about money in the G21 region
WHO IS IT FOR?
This resource is intended for use by frontline workers who support clients experiencing, or at risk of financial hardship or crisis. The information and links are useful for and can be shared directly with clients, or anyone in the community who is experiencing financial stress themselves, or anyone who is supporting someone experiencing financial stress.
Navigating and accessing relevant information and knowing the right places to go for help can be difficult, whether you are trying to find out for yourself or for someone you are supporting. Hopefully this resource can help!
WHY WAS IT DEVELOPED?
“Money Talks” is part of a partnership between the Give Where You Live Foundation and Geelong Community Foundation to increase understanding and use of available resources and assistance that can assist in building financial capability – for both the community sector and clients. The demand on financial counselling and financial capability services in the G21 region is extremely high. “Money Talks” exists to support clients who may be experiencing a long wait time to see a financial counsellor and sliding further into financial crisis, by supporting the skills and knowledge of frontline workers from across the service sector. This resource was produced by Research and Advisory, Good Shepherd in December 2021, and has been co-designed with financial counsellors and frontline workers to provide information and steps that can be taken to address and prevent financial hardship.
HOW TO USE IT
- Use the menu to find the topic of relevance to you
- Each topic can be understood on its own. The sections do not need to be reviewed in order, or in conjunction with any other section.
- Some sections contain activities for you to complete to help you embed the information being presented into your knowledge bank and practice.
- Some pages contain tips for workers however the majority of the resource is written so it can be shared with clients.
- Each page is designed so you can print off for your clients